Official site of Syrtis War Stalkers clan @ Syrtis realm @ Haven world @ Champions of Regnum MMO game

Saturday, April 9, 2011

SWS IRL: Philippe from France

Let me introduce myself :

Well, I'm very, very old ! Probably the oldest in the whole Syrtis Realm. :) Don't ask my age, I don't remember ...

I'm French, I love my country but I mainly love any people on earth in any country. I would like visit them all, take a chair with any people meet in streets or small roads, campaigns, whatever it is, have a beer and chat about their life and their hopes.

I love architecture and old monuments mainly if they represent the country where they are. I love taste any typical cooking.

I started my job life as engineer in electronics and worked on radio emetter/receivers and hyperfrequency radars.

But, developping some electronic boards with CPUs and peripheral components I had to program them (assembler, Pascal, C) ... it was the virus that makes me to switch to the software and exchange my oscilloscope to a computer screen.

I worked some time as a system engineer on SCO/HP/AIX/Solaris boxes (I always prefered Gnu/Linux which I began to work with releases < 1) (time of dinosaurs :) )

Now I work in Paris as a DBA (mainly Oracle, SQLserver, but all databases are in some of interest for me) and I'm still developping in C, PHP, U*x shells.

I love classical music and Opéras, jazz (mainly swing music like Django Reihnardt). I'm a baritone singer in a classical choir.

I play classical guitar (less and less but still bad).

I do photography and macro photography, trecking, reading, boating sailing (not so often as I would).

I never played in any online game before discovering ROL by chance.

I read an article about ROL in November 2008, because it was said the action was at middle age (this is my prefered historical period).

I tried and was captivated.

Now, I play ROL as soon as I have some spare time ... so not often unfortunately. :(

My chars are Soron knight 50, Vercingetorix hunter 36, Melusine warlock 35, Tux the barbarian 32, Miss Tick conju 30 and ????

Happy to be part of the SWS clan, I'll be happy to help any of you. Just ask !



* All postings under current SWS IRL series might be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Flowers are amazing at this cold period of time.
    are you fishing in the river?
    and ducks too? ;)

    ReplyDelete